Board of Directors and General Members Meeting
- Generally held on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 1:30 pm. All members are welcome. Please click here for our Monthly
- Annual Garden
Tour Five to seven local private gardens are opened for the tour. Next Garden Tour is set for Saturday, May 11th, 2013 from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. Starting location: Palomares House. Refreshments are served.
Proceeds go to the AAUW Educational Foundation, which provides educational opportunities and equity for women and girls through research and support of fellowship and grant programs, and the AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund , which provides funds and a support system for women seeking judicial redress for sex discrimination in higher education.
A week-long residential math/science camp for girls entering the eighth grade
- AVID, a mentoring program through Fallbrook High School helping selected students deal with various challenges associated with transitioning from high school to college
- Scholarships to Fallbrook High School or AVID students who attend various four-year colleges
- Math/Science Annual Breakfast
For 7th and 8th grade girls who wish to pursue further study in these fields as they enter high school. The 2013 breakfast is scheduled for April 21st, from 8:00-10:30 a.m. For more information or to volunteer, please contact Guity Balow, Math Science Chair.
Ongoing Monthly Activities
- Play Reading: members assume different identities each month as they read aloud an assigned play
- Book Discussion: 2 groups
- Bridge: beginning and experienced players are welcome
- Mah Jong: twice a month
- Movie/Potluck: discussion of a current film over dinner
- International Interests: current topics affecting women worldwide